Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bitch PUHLEEZE

So, someone commented on my article, "Hillary Clinton and David Miliband: political wedding of the new century," and said:

This article is really inappropriate. Grow up.

I've now re-read the article at least 2 times, and I can't find anything inappropriate or immature in it. The only thing I say that might be possibly taken as inappropriate is when I say: Miliband is just the kind of person Hillary Clinton has always admired most: young, brilliant, transformative politicians with forward-thinking ideas and a base in the traditional. It must be like meeting Bill all over again.

And, in fact, I go out of my way to say I don't think there's anything physical between them, that it's a meeting of the minds.

Anyway, I once again broke my no commenting rule and replied: I'm curious what specifically you find "inappropriate" about this article? Have I said anything untrue? Anything scandalous? Anything a thousand other news outlets haven't reported on? And "grow up."? You grow up.

Of course this person will not reply. It's always the flamers that don't leave their contact info or follow up on their own comments.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Flamers, haters, ignorant assholes, everyone: bring it. But if you're going to challenge me, have some balls and say who you really are and how I can contact you.

No comments: